Monday, July 11, 2016

Vitamins and Minerals

This morning we ran to Tractor Supply to pick up a new chicken feeder and one bag of oyster shells.  I had J, L, SK, and our 9-year-old cousin, J, from Colorado with me.

We were in the feed room at the back of the store where there were no customers and as usual they were quietly looking around on the other side of the room while I contemplated my options of feeders.

I was deep in thought-you know, chicken feeders-when a man walked in with his 3-year-old little girl and very politely interrupted that asking, "Ma'am, are those yours?"

I turned around halfway expecting a compliment about "those" since they were browsing the feed room and behaving very well when he continued, (again politely), "They are licking the salt blocks," as if it were something I should be concerned about.

At that point I had to pretend to actually care as I called to them, "Boys and S, why don't you not lick the salt blocks since we're not buying them today."

All three of the boys said, "Aw, man!" and then L added, "But they are filled with vitamins and minerals."
#hemustnothaveboys

No comments: