Saturday, July 16, 2016

Cow Appreciation Day

Tuesday morning I saw a friend's post of their Cow Appreciation Chick-fil-A trip that morning so I looked at my watch.  10:39am.

Yep.  I thought we could do it.  We had time to work together and create cow costumes in time to be there for lunch.

The boys were ecstatic and were all in at the first mention of cow costumes.  (I am not the mom who thinks to do activities as such with my kids, so this was big for all of us.  Very exciting!)

L remembered his ghost costume from Halloween and thought his white under suit would be perfect with black spots and J used his ninja costume, adding white spots.

They gathered their tops and bottoms while I got the craft box down.  Then we all cut spots, I made three tails, and used pipe cleaners and paper to make their ears and horns.

It was a blast and we were all proud of our costumes.  (In a wise move, I decided to keep no record of mine, but it was good enough to earn me a free meal.)  

Lined up and ready to go!
Say, "Mooooo!"  
The boys clarified several times that they were bulls-not cows-and that SK was a calf.  They are so proud of her...
...and she absolutely adores them.  :)
All dressed up and ready to go!
 We waited in line and got lots of looks.  SK practiced her mooing some more.
Then we ate our free meals.
Even had free ice cream!

The spots fell off (and were delivered to me by each kiddo) in the play area, as did the tails and headgear and they were wiped out afterward.  Success!
Our first Cow Appreciation Day is in the books and we look forward to many more to come!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That was very MOOOOving.

Uncle Mike

Barb said...

Ha ha! Nice, Mike. :)

Janie Bettis said...

Sweet memory.
Janie