Thursday, July 28, 2016

Hairy Scary

Twice this summer we've spent time with girl moms who have braided SK's hair beautifully, seemingly effortlessly and without a brush.  Both times she looked like she was ready to be the flower girl in a wedding.  It looked that pretty.  And there were multiple braids.

So I decided to up my game, hone my skills (or develop them), and take advantage of having a girl who has fabulous hair.

Yesterday morning I brought out my best French braiding skills and created this on one side.  (the best looking side)
SK looked in the mirror when I was finished and excitedly proclaimed, "I like it!  It looks good!  I'm good!" then ran to the living room where the boys were.

L caught sight of her and actually got up off of the couch to walk all the way around his sister, taking in the whole situation.  "What happened?" he asked with genuine concern.
I've got a lot of room for improvement!

1 comment:

Aunt Kathey said...

It does look pretty. Only skills is that a boy or young man or for that matter men, learn to say that is so pretty. Doesn't matter what he really thinks, it is Sadie Kay's to decide. And if she likes it EVERYBODY better like it or she will be crushed.

No, ask Luke how pretty it is?