Friday, August 21, 2015

Meet the Teacher - x2

Last night was Meet the Teacher at the boys' school.

L is headed to Kindergarten (He is definitely ready and I am DEFINITELY READY.) and J is headed to Second Grade.  I nearly corrected Hots when he answered a helper last night with, "One in Kinder and one in Second," thinking J was still in First.

We ran into so many people we know and my mom pointed out that this is exactly why we moved to a smaller town: To have overlap with friends in school, church, sports, etc.

Here is J with Mrs. Guthrie.
Helping little brother find his name
L with Ms. Perry
All went fabulously well last night and we're all excited about the new school year!

And then...
I don't know.  I guess the big city flared up from within and they thought it a fine idea to apply full sleeves of tattoos while I was preparing lunch around the guys who were here installing our kitchen back splash.  Point:  I was a little distracted.
They were very proud until L declared, "It's uncomftible when I bend my awm and it won't wash oooooooffffff."

So I took it as a teaching moment and went into the literal pins and needles used for real tattoos, complete with a gruesome YouTube video and all.  Kidding.  Ha!
All this just in time for the first day of school.  Some parents have all the luck.  ;)

Love these comments from family and friends:

JoJo:  "Oh, great.  Gang members already!!!"

Mollie:  "Establishing dominance through intimidation...smart boys!"

Aunt Sarah:  "Little cutie!  Maybe his teacher will mistake him for one of the bad kids, then be pleasantly surprised."

Papa:  "I only know that I am jealous!  Too cute!"

Kaydie:  "Always good to start out making a good impression on that first day!  Only one chance to do that...I love my little hoodlums!"

You should know that we're not anti-tattoo.  Unfortunately, since that would make it even more hilarious.  :)

No comments: