It's like I told my sister (who is expecting her first baby in a couple of months!!!), "When a woman is done having babies, she gets very excited over other things and in my case, it's chickens."
Today the kids and I will pick up our first chickens!
Hots and I have been working till dark pretty much every day this week to get it finished in time for today.
"It's pretty much like Fort Knox for chickens," he declared as we worked last night. (Fingers crossed!)
This guy can do anything! We started with an old deer blind with not one square anything that was leaning and on sloping ground and he pulled it off.
Here it is right before we started picking up and headed in last night. All we have left is the trim around the top of the coop, their shade (That'll be done today.), and some cute decorative touches since my friend, Monica, has one of those Country Living worthy coops and I'm feeling the pressure. :) I'll post pics of hers soon.
The plywood on the left is blocking what will be a chicken tunnel to the garden down the road when they're bigger and the garden is secure.
Yesterday the boys helped me build the little chicken ramp up to the house and also helped me install this extra roost. They are such great helpers!
Look for pics of the girls soon!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment