Heading into Church Wed. Night
Me: Okay boys, remember that you are to walk slowly and quietly by me while we're in the church building, so you're not going to act like wild animals.
J: (hopping across the parking lot beside me; yelling at the top of his lungs) We're not gonna act like wild HOGS!
Me: That's right, you're not going to act like wild hogs.
And then the college girl one car over burst into laughter. She has no idea.
Once We Were in the Building
J: (I'd picked him up at his request; he's playing with my necklace as I walk) I wike pwaying wif your neckwace, Momma, because you're a sweet momma. And then he smiled and I cried. Well, almost. :)
On the Ride Home from Church
J: Mr. Peters said armadiwlows don't bite.
Me: That's right, they don't.
J: Do they spray?
Me: No, they don't spray, but skunks do.
J: Did an armadiwlow spray Mr. Peters' thumb?
(While feeding the horses w/ Mr. Peters last week we spotted an armadillo and gave chase-in true Mr. Peters fashion-in the mule. He answered all of J's questions about the species and then told of a time in his childhood when he sprained his thumb while chasing an armadillo; something about a hole and his thumb getting stuck in it, so J's been stuck on that for a while now.)
In the Car Yesterday Morning
J: (irritated) I don't wanna pway that game anymore, Wook. (pause) Hey! Give me my nose back!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment