Wednesday, September 7, 2011

Face Plant

Though there was (much :) more to our recent trip to visit my dad in Texarkana, I had to show you all J's injury in its own post.

Poor guy was running out of the bedroom and tripped, face-planting right into the door frame.

As I rocked him holding a little ice pack on the injury I noticed a chip of paint in his hair. Upon returning to the scene of the accident, I found that he'd hit so hard that it caused the paint to crack on a one-inch area of the door frame. Can't believe I didn't snap a pic of its injuries. :(

I'm not exaggerating when I tell you it swelled and stuck out a good 3/4 of an inch from his forehead.

Fortunately the swelling had gone down quite a bit by the next morning...just in time for church.

3 comments:

Aunt Kathey said...

Jack had a hard day Saturday.His great aunt Kathey (and in this case great means much older) closed his fingers in the back door also. To try to be friends again I sent a peace offering for Jack and Luke (because Luke loves anything to eat). I felt so bad for Jack. Hopefully, he will love me again soon.
Aunt Kathey

Barb said...

Lol Aunt Kathey! In this case, 'great' means wonderful, too. :) He never even mentioned his fingers again. Great to see you over the weekend! We all love you!

MOM SPENCE said...

So if jack could be a dinosaur this is what he would look like.. minus the cool tail. LOL... love that aunt kathy admits to the finger slamming also. Poor Jack! Too bad it wasn't freezing cold and he didn't have a pool of water to fall into!!!!!!