Tuesday, September 20, 2011

It's Hard to be 3

J was having a hard time being 3 this morning. All morning, but that's beside the point. Anyway, we were in the car headed to a friend's house when I asked J if he understood what I'd just said.

J: (in a super whiny voice) Mmm...ess mee-um.

Me: Jack, I need you to try again in a respectful, big boy voice.

J: (same whine as above) I kint see it wike tat b'cuz my tears are fwowin' down. (The boy actually wiped a tear from his cheek as he said it. Yes. Yes he did.)

Me: (Seriously? Seriously!) Well, I still need you to try again.

J: Yes Ma'am!

Now, along with the tears and the pitiful voice, he's throwing in hand motions. That kid! :)

1 comment:

Aunt Kathey said...

I believe that talking with your hands and adding tears for emphasis and even changing your voice when needed, enhances your story. Way to go Jack. You do have some "Bell" in you!
Aunt kathey