Kaydie's a professional gate opener, as she's been doing this for half a century. (Sorry, Mom, but that was the only way I could think to word it. Okay, it just sounded cool and that's why. And you're a very young half century. And I love you!)
Here's the only pic I have of the guys working. Moving on...

Kaydie & the boys heading into the tank bed.
There was lots of room to run in the tank bed...
...and even a little bit of water-look to the left of the pic below! (Not the kind you would want to swim in, much less drink, but nice to see anyway.)
A treasure trove of bovine bones, which is super exciting to those of us not in the cattle business. Fun to pick through and identify all the pieces. Weird, I know. 
Aunt Sarah bought the boys each one of those cool, old-style cap guns (which J fired right in my ear in the motel room, instantly making them 'outside' toys). They LOVED their pistols-perfect ranch toys. Thanks Aunt Sarah!
Margarita's
The famous breakfast taco joint we crave year-round and look forward to experiencing as much as we do hunting.
This is the kind of place where, on your first visit, the fear that the health department might have somehow missed this establishment is very real. Like I said, on your first visit. On subsequent visits, you'll no longer care. It's that good.
Since everything is made when (long after, it often seems) you order it, there's lot of wait time. Here's what we did while we waited.



What a hottie!

The only taco photographed before we dove in. No, the pic doesn't do it justice. These tortillas are homemade by little old Mexican-American ladies in the back. I sooooo wanted to snap a pic of them hard at work, but hated to ask. They actually cook all the ingredients for your specific order together-example: eggs, potatoes, & bacon for me-which contributes to the wait. De-lish!

The Golden Bull, er, uh, steer.
This statue on a sign, or statue that is a sign, or whatever, has been in front of this little restaurant (now Margarita's) for as long as I can remember. When I was a child it was called The Golden Bull. I used to accompany Grandpapa to his coffee his coffee break there back in the day. :)Canela's
The best Mexican bakery, hands down.








Crystal City happens to be the spinach capital of the world. Yes, seriously. I even came across that fact in my Govt. textbook at A&M. Now they have two Popeye statues; this one at the municipal building and another in the center of town.

We had a great time! And then we had to leave. :( Until next time!
No comments:
Post a Comment