Friday, March 31, 2017

Whatever Your Name Is

On the way home from school L was excitedly telling me a story about a happening of the day.

"Mrs. Bwantley!  I mean, Momma!"

"L!  Did you just call me Mrs. Brantley???"

"Oops." (sheepish smile)

"What?!  But I'm your only momma!  Am I your favorite momma???  I thought I was your best momma ever!  Am I your favorite momma?"

"Yes."

"Well then why did you call me Mrs. Brantley?  Do you love her more than you love me, your only momma?  I can't believe you called me by the wrong name!  You are my most favorite L in the whole world, the only L I have and I would never call you by the wrong name!"
(pause to see L in the rear view mirror cracking a smile)

"Is that true?"
(huge smile)

"No.  Sometimes you say, 'Jack, Sadie, Luke, whatever your name is-go get that thing!'"

No comments: