Brian is hard to shop for so I was excited when I came up with the idea to decorate our bedroom. This may sound like a strange gift, but he has requested many times in the last year or so (and perhaps other times in the last 14 years) that I finish our room.
I wanted to pull it off as a total surprise, but my shopping plans were waylaid a bit when every single one of our kids was sick at one point or three over the past 3+ weeks. (And that is a whole different blog worthy post.)
This is the before pic except that it wasn't before before when the old bedding was on and the bed was made. It was sort of before when I'd folded laundry on the floor, stripped the bed, taken the covers off of the chairs, dragged out all of my room redo supplies, and then remembered I should get a before pic.
Finished product
SK was home when I was putting it all together and came in right after I'd hung the curtains.
"Oh, Momma," she said, "Will you get some curtains for my room?"
Mission accomplished, as Hots was super shocked (he'd thought/feared his surprise was a puppy) and quite pleased. "Wow! It looks great!" and, "Okay, I don't mean to offend you, but did you have help?" Ha ha! Valid question.
SK's room is up next! Then maybe I'll tackle the living room.
No comments:
Post a Comment