J (holding a reusable plastic Solo-looking cup): "This is much more sturdy than I anticipated."
SK asked to bring two of her stuffed animals into the store.
Me: "You may bring the little one, but not Lambie."
SK: "Ess, because Wammie cannot be espected to behabe."
Me: "What?"
SK: "Wammie cannot be espected to behabe. Tiss one can be espected to behabe." (holds up the little one)
Then this afternoon it was time for SK to take her nap. She'd been outside helping me in the yard and we headed inside, passing the table which had her little play money set on it. She stopped at it, picked up a plastic coin, and held it up right where I could see it.
SK: "Momma. I gib you fwee hundwed dah-wohs ($300) if I don't hab to take a nap."
Me: "What?"
SK: "I weewl gib you fwee hundwed dah-wohs if I don't hab to take a nap. Fwee hundwed bucks. Do you wike fwee hundwed bucks?"
I'm thinking she got these bargaining/bribery skills from her brothers since I have a pretty strict policy against bargaining and bribing the kids. Or perhaps it's a skill with which some kids are born?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Too funny.
This is what happens when parents are brilliant - so are their kids! ♥
I need to teach Jack Toby Keith's song Red Solo Cup, I fill you up cmon lets party!
Well, I guess it is better I live far away. SK is so bright and funny. Who would think about a bribe to not nap. I bet in the years with kids you, Barb, would have offered a bribe.
Cute Cute family. So fun to see you in Tyler. Thanks for making the effort and the long drive. We love you.
Post a Comment