Tuesday, June 23, 2015

Goat Rock Ranch: A Little Exploring (& a Tangent)

Yesterday afternoon we headed down the road to meet up with Kaydie for a much needed break rock hunting.  

The real reason I took this pic is to document a sad, sad milestone.  One which I'm actually thrilled about for my girl.  This is the day SK left behind the style of hair brush I used through high school and moved on to one with stiffer, farther spaced bristles.  You know, the kind people with great hair use.  

Do you see her hair??  Mine is basically exactly the same...divided in half and a little lighter...with about 10 more cowlicks.  
But I'm happy for her.  I really am.  Fist pump for the Bowers' fabulous hair genes.  :)

Back to our adventure.  We hunted rocks-we're always hunting rocks-on the way down to the ravine where we noticed SK had picked up a hitchhiker.



Then we headed back up and noticed something in the grass.
Can you see it?  A tiny fawn was lying on this pile of rocks.  We got a quick look before quietly heading out.
And I found a ravine pic.
This one of the boys and me down in it gives a better idea as to how deep it is.  No water in it then, but it's got a little pool now where I was standing.

And one last pic; one of the guys who hang out around our house early morning and late evening.  (I guess the dogs were off duty.)

1 comment:

Aunt Kathey said...

You are living your fantasy world. The kids are going to love their adventures.
I am excited for SK and her ponytail and great hair. Please don't cut it. I love her little shorts. She is so sweet. I wish I could get to know your children better. They are just adorable.
I am amazed at HOTS, for he comes from the city of tall buildings.
I am loving pictures of the house.
The little fawn is precious. Keen eyes because I would have walked upon it.
Love to you and your precious family. What a life!
Aunt Kathey