I can't remember if I've posted pics of our garden or not, but it is fabulous.
Here's one I found looking through old pics on my phone. The post on the right is the center post of the garden; the one to which the canopy attaches that protects the plants from birds. We're about halfway between that post and the garden fence. The wall behind us (that is just barely visible) is about 3' tall, so it drops off at the fence line.
If I had to guess, I'd say it's around 20" wide and 30" long.
The thick rock wall that surrounds it must have had loads of soil brought in years ago and is topped with a chicken wire and electric wire lined game fence.
Wonder why all the wire and electricity, we'd pondered a few weeks before we found this:
To our horror our peach trees-Did I mention there are TWO peach trees, a huge fig tree, and a pear tree inside???-had been loaded with peaches one day and the next day there were none. Just every single pit laid ever so nicely along the top of the garden wall like a burglar's calling card.Extravagant fencing mystery solved. We'll be all over it next year, electric fence a blazin'!
No comments:
Post a Comment