L runs inside, slams the door, stops in front of it in his action stance and exclaims, "They-uhs a skunk!" several times, getting J and me all riled up.
Sure enough, they is a skunk right outside our side door, terrorizing the dogs who are digging furiously under the fence.
I call Hots to find out where my bb gun is. (We're in a neighborhood-The country club-so blasting it isn't really an option...at least during daylight hours.)
J jumps around informing me, "Skunks can spray 10 feet! And it lasts for months!"
I located my old bb gun and we headed out the front door and around the side to find it heading home.
My marksmanship was lacking-I'll have to brush up on that-so it escaped under the fence having been pegged only once. Next time I'll be ready!
It has sprayed Missy twice this week.
-There are two types of skunks; one is a spotted skunk and one is a striped skunk.
-One climbs and one digs.
-You have to have tomato juice to get the smell off.
-Looks like we have a striped digging skunk!
And he knows this because "they told us that on Wild Kratts."
L contributed this, "I don't know anything 'cept this. If I'm going outside to pway wif something and I see something digging and it might be a skunk or it might not but if I smell something that smells kind of stinky then I know it's a skunk and that's all I know. That's all I'm gonna tell you."
1 comment:
So funny! I'm guessing you were just trying to scare it away with the bb gun? We loved Wild Kratts, and Caleb has educated me several times on various animals we've encountered like porcupines, skunks, etc.
Post a Comment