Sunday, April 7, 2013

The Things They Say

Evicticus & Jeehamiah, to Name a Few
Recently J started singing the books of the Bible (Thank you Ms. Angela and Ms. Amy!) out of the blue and got through EVERY SINGLE ONE.  We had no idea he'd been working on learning them and are still trying to figure out the tune since he gets his musical abilities from his dad and me.  We're super proud of him!

Super cute and I intend to get it on video.  For now, I'll just have to tell you that he has a couple of interesting pronunciations such as "Evicticus" for Leviticus, "Jeehamiah" for Nehemiah, and "Romeans," obviously for Romans.

I have to brag on L, too, as he can say many of them.  It's just precious to hear those sweet little voices singing the books of the Bible.  :)

Random L Quote
We won't be scared because we have shot guns!

Who Played Rugby?
At supper we were discussing rugby (our workout teacher plays at A&M) and B said he thought one of our Aggie cousins ( Blake, Rex, Grant, or Cole) played intramural here at A&M.

J asked about rugby and we gave a detailed description of the sport; like football without pads, lots of hitting each other, running, and it's very rough (please consider our limited knowledge of rugby-we'd told him everything we think we know about the sport).

Then as we were trying to remember which of the cousins played J suggested, "Did Cori play?  Or was it JoJo?"

But I was Just...
L:  J is PINCHIN' me!
J:  No I wasn't! I was just feewlin' his muscles.

On Taking Georgia (our horse) to the Vet
J:  Do they have a place where they doctor forses and cattle?
Me:  Well, they have a covered area like a barn.
L:  Do they have a bed for the hosses that they can cwimb up on?

Just b/c it Crosses Your Mind...
After school one day the boys stopped to pick dandelions.
J:  I'm gonna make a wish!  I wish I could live with Kaydie and she could be my momma.
Me:  (a little taken aback, but remembering having a similar thought, myself)  Really, you wouldn't want me to be your momma any more?
J:  (smiles sweetly while giving me a hug)  No, I stiwl want you to be my momma.

Look, I know every kid with grandmas as awesome as mine wished at one time-or throughout most of their childhood-that their grandmother could be their mom for very obvious reasons.  My thought is that the smart ones don't actually articulate this.

Oh, Okay, Sure
B and I were discussing an upcoming date night and our babysitter options.
J:  You could just leave us here by ourselves.  That would be good and I'm fine wif it.

No comments: