Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Playing (with) Possum

We had a special treat yesterday out at the Peters'.  
Six baby "poss-ims", as J & L called them!
Aren't they cute?!  I decided I thought so once I was able to temporarily block out the mental image of a full-grown possum, hissing and baring its teeth, and got past their rodent-like features.  
Mrs. Peters was a trooper and got them out for us.  :)
Fun fact:  Possums are the only marsupials in the U.S.  This ends my section on possum fun facts.

The babies were found on the ground out back with no sign of their mother, so that's a mystery.  A friend took them home that night to take care of them.


The one J was holding "bear-rowed" in his shirt.
Thank you, Mrs. Peters, for showing us the baby "poss-ims!"
Wixon, J's "Forse"


Never a dull moment out at the Peters'!  We went out to get the trailer and ended up petting possums.  :)

No comments: