The boys and I visited with Grandpapa last week (It actually was last week when I began this post.) while Mom and Grandmama went to the Lady Aggies' tournament party-or whatever it's called. (Unfortunately their tournament stent was over shortly after it began, so I'll continue to cling to last year's National Championship.)
We went outside-the best place for wild boys & Grandpapa-where the boys ran all around the property; down to the creek (a major bummer was that we forgot our nets), over to the playground all by themselves, and eventually back to the porch where Grandpapa and I were.
A very nice lady stopped by and gave the boys each their very own quarter, instantly providing 32 whole minutes of entertainment.
The boys took turns flinging their quarters toward Grandpapa's feet, where he'd step on each one as quickly as he could, requiring the boys to pry his foot off of theirs to get it back.
When we'd done all there was to do outside, we headed inside to play ball. Since Grandmama lets J & L do pretty much anything they want b/c "they're perfect" (Great-grandmother privilege), I knew she'd be proud (with a side of shocked) this happened on my watch.
She could also be proud nothing was broken. :)
Grandmama, thank you for letting us stay with Grandpapa-even if I did have to beg a little and send you on a bit of a guilt trip in order to convince you to leave him in my care. :)
We had a great time and I'm happy (and relieved) to report that Grandmama found Grandpapa in the same condition in which she had left him. Phew! Maybe we can do it again soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment