Monday, February 13, 2012

Self-Initiated Potty Training?

B bathed the boys tonight while I worked in the kitchen/watched Oprah's New Chapter on Hasidic Jews (It was fascinating, btw, and pertinent information. Okay, maybe not.). Anyway, he called me to come, "Fast, Momma, fast!" to the bathroom.

What do ya know-L had successfully used the potty all by himself at his request.

Here's the proud boy after the fact, dressed and posing for me. I am totally and completely opposed to potty pictures of pretty much any kind of my own kiddos (Fine for other people to do.:), so this is our documentation of the noteworthy occasion. (Don't worry, I have many other non-potty-but-still-embarrassing options for his high school graduation slide show.)


He was super proud (Did I already say that?) and we all danced around, gave high-fives, hooted & hollered, and ate a Kit Kat in celebration of this great milestone. :)


Two very wise people in my life recently-in the last 2 days-suggested that maybe L was ready to be potty trained.

Well, I was dead-set (still am, actually) on waiting until I initiated it about 4 mos before his 3rd birthday. Just like I did w/ J, who, by the way, showed absolutely no signs of being ready even at that age. (Back then he was very private about his potty habits; so much so that I had no idea when he even went. Please see the previous post. Have mercy!)

We'll see what happens, but he'll have to initiate every potty visit between now and August 7th if he's ready. Regardless of what happens in the next 6 months, I couldn't let this 'first' go by unnoticed.

Way to go Luke!!!

2 comments:

MOM SPENCE said...

wow!!! how awesome!

Aunt Kathey said...

Way to "go" Luke!
Literally!
Barb, you will watch as the Luke does everything faster watching his big brother.
But... he will need Pwivacy too!

Aunt Kathey