Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Belted Underoos

At Target with the boys walking quietly alongside the basket

I pull over to browse some adorable tops

Boys look at the items on their level (see below)


J: Hey, hey, hey, Momma. (Touches my leg to further get my attention) That's...that's unnerwear wif a belt! (Puzzled look on his face)

Just before I said, "No, J, those are shorts," I decided to just go with it.

Me: You're absolutely right, J, they look just like underwear with a belt.


I purchase one of the tops meant to be paired with the 'unnerwear' which I plan to wear with my 7 jeans (Which, by the way, used to be cool.).

I then come to terms with the following:
1. I'm old.
2. The world appreciates me not buying the coordinating bottoms.
3. Shorts should not be wider than they are long. (See #1.)
4. J may think the shorts look odd now...Bluh...I just can't even go there.

No comments: