I have a MAJOR phobia of anything involving vomit or vomiting. In fact, I can hardly even type or say that, which is why I call 'it' yakking.
The week-before-last I was getting J dressed for school on the changing table when he sat up and started yakking. Ugh! I kinda took a moment to figure out what to grab and give a little thank you prayer that it happened on the changing table as opposed to the carpet. This way I could just wrap everything up and head to the washer. (Oh, but my washer had died a few days earlier and it would be 4 days until the new one arrived. Yea for a conveniently located laundry mat.)
Anyway, L was standing beside my taking in all the 'action' when, all of a sudden, he began hacking and gagging. I can't look, I thought. Within less than a second of that thought, against my will, but under the control of some sort of reflex, I looked right at the boy. When he caught my eye, he just burst out laughing.
Me: "Geez, Luke!"
He'd totally faked me out. I went directly into mom mode, thinking it was best to ignore this hilarious joke, as not to encourage his behavior. But I'm afraid it's genetic.
I know, I know, this is just the tip of the let's-fake-Mom-out-and-scare-her-to-death iceberg. Oh the joys of boys...boys with a sense of humor. :)
You've just gotta appreciate this kid's sense of humor. I do, anyway. :)
Now that it's too late, I'll apologize for a post on yakking for those of you who are like I used to be; a hard-core yakkaphobic. Well, that was up until the stomach bug literally tore through our family back in February.
At least I didn't post pictures.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hahahahahaha!! That is so funny. Good job little L!!! I couldn't be prouder. :)
Post a Comment