Monday, April 11, 2011

Haywired at the Bastrop Rodeo

Back in March we competed in the Bastrop Women's Ranch Rodeo. Our team, Haywired, is made up of my really good friend, Tracy, her sister, Stacy, also a good friend, me, and this time, Teresa, who we picked up by chance. We'd like to keep her, by the way. :)

Brian kept the boys at home so I could have a girls' weekend. It was a blast hanging with Tracy and Stacy and with their mom, Betty, and her friend, Dee.

On Starlet, ready for our first event

Getting some last-minute advice from our coaches, Mr. Peters and Betty (Betty multi-tasked and, while coaching and cheering us on, also took some photos.)

Betty coaches from experience. Here she is on RJ. That's right-she's still got it!

Trailer Loading; one of our best events

Doctoring and Branding; soon to be one of our best events???

Tracy about to rope

Shout out to Dee, Betty's friend and now a rodeo regular, who was sweet to take these pics with my camera. Thanks, Dee!

As I mentioned at the beginning of this post, Haywired is the name of our team. Tracy kind of threw it out early on and I LOVED it. It's perfect for us, having worked/played at the Peters' Ranch for the past 12+ years. You sure can do a lot with a little haywire. It may not be polished and professional looking, but it gets the job done.

2 comments:

Nicole said...

umm...can I join your team?
haha

by the way...you look hot on that horse! looking sharp girl!saptan

Barb said...

Ha ha! Thanks, Nicole. I'm laughing at your 'hot' comment. Brian says I need to upgrade my $12 hat and my rhinestone (long story) jeans!

You should definitely join us!