There were 5 events and we scored in 4 of them. If we just would've scored in doctoring and branding, we'd have had a chance at 1st place...
T, S, and I also competed as Haywired in the women's division, so we were horseback pretty much all day. I didn't walk right for the next 3 days.
Tracy & Stacy on Little Bit & RJ

Jack kept me company between events. :)

And made sure Starlet didn't get bored...or a break!


Haywired ready for our first event; sorting.

Starlet and I are holding the line...and missing the rodeo. Look at the right side of the photo. See that blur?

I heard the crowd get loud and assumed they were impressed by our sorting skills. But...they were watching and saw this.

T yelled, "Keep going!," and then S yelled, "Catch her horse!"
Well, I can say that I held the line, but can't say I was watching the entire arena. Obviously, or I would've seen T's horse break in two right after we started.
Several in the crowd said she rode for almost 8 seconds. In true Tracy style, she jumped right back into the saddle. Way to take one for the team, Trace!

Peters Diamond D By God's Grace heading in to sort




Coed Tri Penning-We took 1st place in this event and all four of us won a nice halter with the event and rodeo name on it. So exciting!

Coed Doctoring & Branding

As I built my loop, you could just see those cattle relax. They practically laughed out loud. I heard them.
Lets just say I was pretty hacked I even had to carry a rope into the arena. And then I had to throw it. After my public humiliation, I've committed to practicing my roping skills (developing them, rather) before the next rodeo in October. I'll let you know.
Haywired Wild Steer Riding-We usually do really well in this event. The object of Wild Steer Riding is to have a rider straddling the steer as it crosses the line.
Goes like this: We all run w/ the steer (unless we have to drag it) until we get about 15 feet from the line. Then a rider jumps on while another team member (Teresa this time) cranks the tail and helps hold the rider on the steer's back. If you're not familiar with 'cranking the tail' I'll have to fill you in later, but just know it's a helpful tool in encouraging cattle to move forward.



Coed Wild Steer Riding


I'm pleased to report that we did well in both the women's and coed Wild Steer Riding. Too bad we didn't get 1st, as I would LOVE to have a halter w/ Wild Steer Riding on it. It's ours next year!
A couple of cute boy shots :)

No comments:
Post a Comment