We began the summer playing basketball at the church once a week (and fell off the wagon when J broke his arm and we got super busy). We hope to start back this week one day after school.
The boys did great, I had fun, and SK was a great sport! Also found out this is the last summer I'll be able to beat J in a foot race.
The boys love the mud! And I thoroughly enjoyed hosing them off since it wasn't very hot outside that day.Go big or go home!
Front porch sittin' after pulling onions
One day we went to the river to swim. Both boys took a couple of lessons in the spring and their instructor, Mr. Cone, certified them as "safe swimmers," meaning they are safe to swim supervised and should be ready for competitive stroke next summer.
J, Cousin J, L, and SK in the water
Somehow they've grown up over night it seems. A year or two ago I couldn't have even thought about them swimming in the river without floats while I sat in a lawn chair feeling relaxed. Crazy!
They were all about it!
J climbing up the bank/roots
SK loved the water and the boys were so sweet to take care of her. :)
L jumping in
front to back: L, J, Cousin J
Grandmama gave them some little windup toys that had to be assembled. Hots was brought in on this project and here they are playing with them.
Another family favorite that we don't actually do very often is head to the movies. SK and L were all about posing with this guy. (J was too cool.)
SK got a new bed. This has literally been a year-long project and I will update you soon. Let's just say I haven't laughed as hard as I did when we put the mattress on in a long time. Even I had to stand on my tiptoes and jump a bit to get on.
The kids, Kaydie, Grandmama, and I had a water balloon fight one afternoon that was a blast. Mostly because some genius invented water balloons that can be filled 100 at a time in a matter of seconds. We'll be asking Santa for some more of those!
SK with her game face on
Grandmama & SK
The two of them again, heading home across the pasture.
We made good use of our city's splash pad at the beginning of the summer, but then it closed for a couple of months.
SK loves her goggles.
Why not, right? Sister was proud of her purple!
I think that sums up June. Now on to July before I forget what we did!
No comments:
Post a Comment