Thursday, August 25, 2016

SK's First Haircut

SK got her first trim last week.  I finally felt I could handle it emotionally and so I took the plunge while Hots was away fishing and while I had my hair cutting supplies out to give the boys their back to school cuts.
For some reason I had no issues cutting the boys' hair as soon as I thought it was looking awkward (other than with my mother-in-law; kidding, she's FABULOUS, but I think she was taken aback when I cut my two-month-old's hair).  No baby mullets around here!

It wasn't super easy to shave off L's "coils", but I did in the interest of not having a baby with a funky hair situation.

Anyway, I could hardly think of even trimming SK's until very recently.

I snapped a few before pics and went after it with my scissors.
Cutting girl hair is definitely more challenging than I'd thought; probably because she has thicker hair. And she's a toddler, so there's lots of movement so the damp hair I'd combed into place got out of place every single time she turned to look at whatever which was about a thousand times.
I am pleased with her new 'do and glad that bridge has been crossed.

3 comments:

Aunt Kathey said...

OH no, Not a haircut for Sadie Kay and definitely not by the mother. If you are not trained you will try to get it even and keep cutting and suddenly you have bangs that are one inch long and then a permanent and then more cutting and well I am still damaged goods for Nonnie's efforts. I will say looks like you did a good job but from now on I will spring for the official haircuts for SK with a trained stylest. My stomach hurts from seeing the title of this blog. I think I am going to bed now but SK looks adorable and we all the beautiful long thick hair. She has to have some to whisk around.
Aunt Kathey (your forever encourager somewhat)

Aunt Kathey said...

Oh and this is my PS, the boys did not have baby mullets unless that is what an Aggie thinks. They had turkeytails which LeAnna and Jason and Jonathan and Joshua and Caleb wore (only when I was keeping J,J, and C) proudly.
Again,
Aunt Kathey

Janie Bettis said...

You did a good job, Barb! I always cut my kids' hair until Sarah started cutting her own and then her little sister's! I used to put the little chair on the front porch, give the girls a towel, a comb, some water and scissors and Sarah would trim Amy's hair...then Amy would look in the mirror and very seriously ask, Mommy, am I still me?