One day after the hail storm and before the insurance adjuster had been by (hence the mess of leaves and such on our walkway)
We LOVE our cousin Banister!Kickin' it at the sheep and goat sale earlier this week after having lunch at the sale barn cafe
J may have a future as an auctioneer. That boy called for bids all the way home!
We're all about the pool this summer and swam on Wednesday. SK was all about it!
And yesterday we went through every single toy and piece of clothing in the boys' room and purged most of them-Yea! But it was a several hour project at the end of which I tossed out the idea/bribe of a TV show when they finished putting everything back where it belonged. (We've been basically TV-free for the past two weeks so I thought it would be a motivating factor.)
Here is a text exchange I had with my sister.
Update: The room looks only slightly better than the previous photo of it and I accidentally fed them ice cream earlier today-What was I thinking?!-so I guess I'm out of luck. (Though I can say that every single drawer AND the closet is pristine!)Today we had a little play date with SK's MDO friends and that was fun since I've never had a play date just for her. (Poor third child.) Then we headed to the church to work on our VBS room.
The kids played quietly and well with the toys they'd brought until it was lunchtime and then the boys got themselves and SK all set up with the sandwiches, chips, and fruit we'd brought. I'm so proud of J and L. They take care of SK so well and are so sweet to her. I'm loving these days of sweetness! (Though SK did hit L at HEB soon after.)
At one point during their picnic SK said, "Look, Momma!" as she smashed her lid against her face.
We're loving our summer!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment