Thursday, June 9, 2016

Bruiser

L took an elbow (or knee) to the right eye the Friday after Tuesday's hailstorm and Wednesday's ER visit.
He was with my sweet, sweet friend who had called and offered to pick up both boys from school, take them to Sonic and then to the park so I could have a little downtime at the end of a crazy week.  How fantastic is that?!  I'm constantly learning about serving others from my fabulous friends who serve so well.  :)

I'm sure you can imagine how badly she felt about returning L to me looking like this but I'm glad to have gotten an injury such as this out of the way so now I can relax when I have her kiddos, as things like this just happen.  Plus L bruises easily like I do so I'm not so sure it wasn't a bit exaggerated.  ;)
His teacher (who we LOVE) pulled me aside one day when I was at the school to show me his snapshot for his Kindergarten graduation certificate.  (Naturally I had her send it to me.)
She had asked L if he'd like for her to wait a few days and then take the photo to which he replied he doubted it would be better by then.

Black eye.  Check!

No comments: