When I mentioned Gene Watson coming to Kerrville a couple of weeks ago Hots said, "Who?"
"Fourteen Carat Mind."
"Huh?"
"Love in the Hot Afternoon??"
"What?"
And then he rushed online to buy tickets. Because he's awesome like that. :) (Or was it that second song I'd listed?)
We were the youngest there by at least 35 years which suits me since we were seated right near the stage in designated seats with plenty of personal space and if you know me you know I'm borderline neurotic about my personal space and yours, too. And you may also recall that EVERY SINGLE TIME I've been to Gruene Hall for a concert (no seating there) it has ended with some portly girl I don't know booty bumping all up inside my personal space and all over my person. (I'm shuttering at the memories.)
Anyway, here we are before the concert and just before the man seated next to me said, "You are WAY too young to be here," and we became best friends as we chatted about ranching, East Texas, baling hay, and classic country music.
I was unsure as to whether or not photos were allowed and suppose when the target audience has lived nine-tenths of their life without smart phones the host can skip that section during his welcome speech. This is why I got only one not so great photo of Mr. Watson.No one asked me to leave and I saw several others taking photos and videos with theirs and then was able to get this one after the show.
What a fun night for this classic country loving girl! Thanks for a great date night, Hots!
2 comments:
You know Barb you are one of my favorite two nieces but now Iknow you are moving up. I love music. Country is such truth to me. I know Christian is uplifting and the real truth but I have lived several country songs in my life. So yea for Hots and yea for you and keep on listening.
You need to listen to Chris Stapleton if you like the old sound. He is young but he is an old soul.
If you want to just want to have fun Luke Bryan, Vince Gill who I stalk andSam Hunt is pretty cool. Course it is hard to beat Hots and Ron.
Ha ha! I'll check out Chris Stapleton for sure. And, yes, Hots and Ron are hard to beat. ;)
Post a Comment