Friday, May 27, 2016

Jack Turns EIGHT!

Our sweet, crazy, energetic, smart, book-, outdoor-, and science-loving guy turned EIGHT years old yesterday.  (Which is now over two weeks late, but I've been a little crazy busy with the hail and the hospital and all that is the end of the school year.)

How can this be?  I suggested we just postpone this milestone till next year to which he declined so we celebrated with his requested supper of pancakes (Mr. Mills' famous pancake recipe with chocolate chips), bacon, and eggs.
He wanted a cookie cake, which was a breeze!
And I used the leftover chocolate cream cheese icing I'd made for his birthday cupcakes.  (The ones I made for his class but he was "sorry to say that in the Second Grade moms do not come to the classroom" so I could just leave them in the office cupcakes.)  As it turns out, chocolate cream cheese icing is excellent with cookie cake and I'll definitely prepare this combination again.

I didn't take into account the candle situation when I iced it...
Then he went on the traditional birthday present scavenger hunt.  (Next year I'll have him comb the entire 38 acres-The boy was hyped up!)

Here he's holding the first two clues.
Clue #3
Skip a couple and he's back with his gift!



While the guys set up his microscope, we girls enjoyed the deck.
Eight-Year-Old Stats
Height:  53.3"
Weight:  57lbs
Personality:  SO MUCH FUN!

1 comment:

Janie Bettis said...

Happy 8th Birthday to Jack!
♥ Janie