Wednesday, May 11, 2016

He's "Sorry to Say..."

J and I were discussing a treat for his class in honor of his upcoming birthday.

Me:  Would you like cookies, cupcakes, or something else to share with your class for your birthday?

J chose decorated cookies and then broke the news.

J:  I'm sorry to say, Momma, but in the Second Grade the moms don't come to the class.

Me:  What?

J:  In the Second Grade moms don't come to the class for birthdays, so you can just drop the cookies off in the office.

I first considered crying until I remembered how grossed out I am in all situations involving many small children eating together at the same time.

3 comments:

Aunt Sarah said...

I tell Banister regularly that there's always something to be thankful for. You dodged a really gross, mass cookie feeding frenzy! There's your silver lining ;)

Aunt Kathey said...

Are you sure he doesn't want my sugar cookies. I could do any style or design since they all look the same. Let me know.

Barb said...

Ha ha! Yes, Sarah, bullet dodged. Aunt Kathey, maybe J would want for you to visit his class with cookies in hand; entertainment AND yummy cookies! (I was planning on making your famous cookies, but he changed his mind last minute and wanted cupcakes in ice cream cones, so I obliged since they're easier to decorate and I still haven't perfected-or even come close to-your fabulous icing.