Thursday, May 12, 2016

Front Porch Sittin'

Chatting it up with sweet SK
I will say that just being home with my people is my favorite thing right now.  Other than basketball (from Jan-March) and Wednesday evening Bible class, we have put off being involved in extracurricular activities thus far and I am grateful to not be running from practice to lessons to games multiple nights of the week.

I realize this is not the norm, but I am really enjoying it!  Hots is, too.

Night-before-last Hots was on a fly fishing conference call inside and I set out with the kids to weed for a while before dark.  

The first thing they do when we head that way is drop their Crocs at the gate and run around in the front part where there are no plants, but the soil is freshly tilled.  I love this!

I was working in the back of the garden when J asked if they could get in the mud (where I was watering with the hose).  "Sure," I said, "but feet ONLY."

I had not made myself clear the temptation was too much and they were unsupervised since I was behind the ginormous fig tree, thinking to myself how much I love our evening time spent in the garden and trying to pretend I didn't need to check to make sure they'd followed my rule.  #lazymomma

About half an hour later it was time to go in and I emerged from behind the fig tree to find my three mud monsters.
How any mud was left in the garden, I'll never know.  Everyone got a violent water hose spray down in the yard except SK who after observing the boys' asked pitifully, "You not gon pway me?" and ended up with a gentle washing.  I've gone soft on this third one.

Luckily for me, Hots was off his call in time to escort them to the bath tub which, even after my yard spraying, had to be completely emptied and refilled mid-bath.
It was a good day.  :)
And I'm considering adding an outdoor shower to our to-do list.
"No rabbits allowed!"  (on a no mud day)
Counting the goats (and holding the baby)

No comments: