Hots has been VERY busy with work and community events (insert a fishing trip for stress relief as well) so I've been solo much of the time for the past two and a half weeks, beginning with Spring Break.
I wrote earlier that we did have a great Spring Break, which we did, but this momma is missing her other half.
Last Saturday Hots had Easterfest (which is our community Easter event and he headed up the whole thing-Great job, Hots!) all day, from before daylight till after dark, so the kids and I played and worked at home, then headed to the park for a picnic supper.
SK is now wearing my ponytail wrappers and headbands.The boys had several gift cards earned for various school achievements from Taco Casa which was nice because it made my total out of pocket expense for our full meal $1.14 and you know how I like a good deal.
We dined riverside and enjoyed watching kayakers (which spellcheck says that is not a word), canoeists, and ducks. The weather was PERFECT.
After supper we did some light hiking along the river.
Then hit the playground where the boys made a new friend and played Star Wars the entire time.
SK was all about the slide saying, "Watch me, Momma!" about one million times.
We ran by Easterfest before heading home for a quick visit with Hots. It was a good day. :)
And in the interest of full disclosure, I did find an hour to enjoy this beautiful weather in my hammock while the boys played nearby and SK napped.
It was so nice to relax without distractions. I told the boys that I heard a woodpecker twice, several other birds chirping, and wild boy noises and that my favorite of all of those were the wild boy noises. :)
1 comment:
What a life. I love the river. I would love to learn to kayak but am sure I would drown. I would turn upside down and then start yelling with my mouth open. I know that is a surprise. I cannot believe SK's hair.It is so pretty and I am SO PROUD of you for not cutting it. You are making such amazing memories for your family. I know you miss Hots. Maybe a get away soon. I love the fact you realize you are outnumbered. That's why I have two.
Did you dye your real chicken eggs? Grandaddy used to eat them the week after. Ugh.
Your hair looks great. I love the length and the color. I love Luke's pose. He is going to be a heartbreaker. Love you,
Post a Comment