By Saturday afternoon after I'd posted on Friday evening we had an even dozen of baby goats. Three more, including one set of twins, were born the next day when Mom and Hots were out of town.
Crazy time! (Update: We now have 17 baby goats!)
Moving on.
The boys were both in desperate need of an ear lowering so I finally took them in to town for that.
If only they had a sense of humor...SK chewed on several of her new markers and then, with the evidence written all around her mouth, denied it on video in the most adorable way. (We're in trouble!) If I can figure out how to post a video here I'll certainly post it, but this pic will have to do for now.
Finally we got our daddy home and enjoyed the beautiful weather all day Monday with no school or work.
I posted this pic on fb with the caption, "Prepping the garden; it's a good day."
It was still a good day when I walked down to see Hots' progress on his deer feeder/fence situation.
After about 5 minutes (I was talking to Mom on my phone) he said, "I need to go to the hospital."
T-post driver meets t-post with (fortunately) gloved finger in between
and cuts it clear to the bone. (Leather gloves not damaged)
Hots called a friend who works for the hospital to determine where we should go and after asking a few questions sent us to the urgent care clinic, as opposed to the ER.
I was pretty proud of our emergency response time; all 5 of us locked and loaded within less than ten minutes. We were on the road with all sorts of interesting conversation along the way; both boys reminiscing aloud their experiences with stitches.
J enthusiastically suggested, "Maybe if they can't save your finger you can get a robotic finger."
Hots' sense of humor never wavered and we both got a kick out of it.
The boys were all about needles and stitches (for Daddy, at least) so they went back with Hots right away while SK and I stayed in the waiting room while I was reminded of the experience that is a toddler in a waiting room. Keeping her entertained and out of peoples' hair was quite the feat, but admittedly half the job it would have been with either of my boys at that age which was a reminder that I'm older now than I was then.
She was actually really good and there were few people waiting so she did have free reign a couple of times when it was empty.
The only problem I had with it was that people who were sick kept showing up-all two of them-so my OCD was flaring up in the worst way until the combination of managing a toddler for over an hour and my germophobia pushed me to ask if we could go back to check on H.
Everyone we passed said my crew seemed to be having a lot of fun in Exam Rm 4 as was evident by the roaring laughter coming from behind the door.
The boys, Hots, his friend he'd called ahead of time (who drove over from the hospital to meet H), a nurse, and the doctor were just having a great time as the last couple of stitches were being put in.
He's a week out, now, and the finger seems to be healing wonderfully and H should be able to be back on the river fishing by the weekend.
2 comments:
It must feel like it is raining baby goats in Kerrville. I cannot wait to see those babies. Cmon Spring.
Sorry about Hots. Guess he just needed a little attention even though you "birthed" those baby goats while he was gone! I can imagine the boys with the stitches but LeAnna would be in the waiting room too. She would not even need a toddler and my OCD would be in full bloom. Laughing makes every situation better but unfortunately or fortunately I can find humor in about anything. Sadie Kay looks like she ate a popsicle. I would love to hear her explanation. I knew you must be crazy busy since 13 days went by without a post. I just love your blog. So fun and really helps us to keep up with you sweet family. Have you had baby chicks yet? Maybe that will be for Easter. Love you all
I hope Brian's finger is healing and will be okay, but I must admit that for a second or two I was with Jack on the robotic finger idea. It would have been so cool.
Post a Comment