S passed the 7 month mark with flying colors and having accomplished much while we were in CO last week, so I'm a little late posting.
This was the best of ten pictures I took; at the start of the progression. By number 10 she was an inch shy of the face plant position.
I tossed her in front of the chalk easel on our way out the door to a birthday party, seizing the moment because she was dressed cute and had her hair fixed for only the second time since we've been back.
Below is the first time, which was a couple of days prior.
To expound upon the list above, S flew for the first time and did well on the plane and jets (more on that later), sprouted a new bottom tooth on August 14th (With no symptoms, just surprise! And it was there!), and was a trooper on our long hikes in the mountains. The girl logged over 10 miles in hiking alone. She also slept like a rock, maintaining her 12+ hour nights easily the entire time (neither boy slept well out of their element). The girl was a great traveler! I'm not sure how tall/long she was last month-I'm too tired to go back and look right now-but in the interest of full disclosure you should know that last month she shrunk an inch or so from the time I measured her and when I took her to her 6-month check up the very next day. Measuring a baby is not best done with a ruler.
Hopefully she's growing in the right direction this month. ;)
She's also eating solid (if mushy = solid) food now. Apparently everything has changed as far as feeding recommendations for babies since I had L just 4 years ago. Now everything I did way back then is not the right thing to do at all. S'd doctor said that it is (for now) recommended that babies don't start solid food until they are 6 months old. (J started right at the 4 month mark and L a little past 5 months.)
Yea for putting off the mess and minor hassle of feeding solid foods!
She's loving her new menu and likes pretty much everything thus far, including avocado, sweet potatoes, pureed chicken, bananas, and applesauce.
She's rolling all over the place. Won't be long until she's off and running!
1 comment:
She is just cute as a bug (a cute bug, that is). Love your posts.
Janie
Post a Comment