Wednesday, August 6, 2014

Family Pics '14

This morning we finally had our family pics taken, which was a HUGE relief since the only thing I don't really dislike about the entire picture things is finally having them over and done with.
To say I'm happy with them would be the understatement of the year or maybe even my lifetime.

Leslie (the fab photographer) had us meet her at a location that was beautifully landscaped with huge rocks that formed waterfalls (yes, plural) which cascaded down to the pond you see behind us.  It seemed like a play date for which we were way overdressed.  There were even fish!
The whole family photo preparation is grueling for me-I know, I know, first world problems-which is why I began preparing by perusing Pinterest and shopping in-store and online 5 months in advance.  Yes, S was scarcely over a month old when I started planning.

I was ecstatic to find matching polos for the boys in a brilliant blue at the Dillard's extra 40% off clearance event.  I actually exclaimed "Sweet!" out loud as I plucked them off the rack that day 5 months ago.

As I was studying Pinterest the next day I stumbled across a blog of family photo dos and don'ts.  The first statement:  "Gone are the days of matching polos."  Fantastic.

I'll spare you any more boring details, but I'm happy with how it all did come together...and a little lot surprised, too.
Again, our photographer was FANTASTIC, but I had doubts as would anyone considering the following:
-my lack of fashion sense/ability to coordinate multiple outfits
-I would need to wear lipstick & put on a detectable amount of makeup without the help of my Aunt Kerri
-2 wild boys who needed to be in the same frame
-1 six-month-old I'd awakened almost 2 hours earlier than usual
-Optimal light occurred at 8:00 am.  That meant we needed to be dressed, happy, and there by 8:00 am.

One thing I made sure of was that I wore my Kendra Scott earrings so looking back I'll always know the year was 2014 which is, apparently, the year of Kendra Scott earrings.
Many thanks to Leslie with Rustic Roots Photography for making this a fun morning and capturing these sweet shots of our fam.  :)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Precious! You are all so cute, gorgeous, handsome, etc…

The pic of Jack just melts my heart! He is growing up so fast.

Thanks for sharing!

Love, Aunt Annie posting as anonymous

Bonnie said...

Kendra Scott Earrings! Love it! :) Haha