J headed off to first grade this morning w/ B and I'll have to say that it was much easier than sending him off to Kindergarten last year. (Actually it was less of a send off and more of a from our hands to his teacher's since the whole family tagged along all the way to his classroom last year.)
We met his teachers last week-He has two since he's in the dual language program. On the way home from that meet and greet J commented, "First grade is serious. Those teachers are more viciouser than Mrs. T and Ms. F (his teachers last year)." I took that and ran with it, encouraging him to take first grade very seriously.
He was "excited and a little nervous;" definitely ready to go this morning. We're so proud of this boy!
Our little school is great and we know both the school and the people this go 'round. I also know how involved I'll be-how often I'll be there at the school with him and that makes me happy. :)
Hots sent me this one before he left the classroom.
He was super excited when I picked him up and told me he had a great first day and that he wasn't shy because he already knew all the kids in his class. Another benefit of the dual language program is that the kids stay together all the way through junior high.
I think I'm the only mom who left Prospective Career off of the chalkboard, so I asked J after his first day and he said he'd like to be "police" when he grows up.
Have I covered everything?
We're thankful for a great school, fabulous teachers, and a fun first day (with no more mention of vicious teachers.)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment