So, I was chatting it up with my bff this afternoon about redneck issues, nonetheless, when something caught my eye on the top of my entertainment center.
I continued the conversation as I climbed up on the hearth for a closer look from the side. Had I left a vine up there last Christmas? No way I wouldn't have noticed it before now. Nope, nope, that looks like a snake. No way. No freaking way! Snakes do climb walls, but, seriously? No.
When I got closer I could see its head raised slightly, as they do. Um, yes, definitely a snake.
And folks, I know a snake when I see one. This one looked like the little grass snakes that live around our sprinkler heads. Outside = fun for the boys to play with. Inside = Yuck-O!
I tapped back into our conversation:
Me: Um, I'm going to have to interrupt you and tell you something horrible.
D: What?
Me: There is a SNAKE on my entertainment center.
D: WHAT??
Me: There is a SNAKE on the TOP of my entertainment center!
D: IN YOUR HOUSE???
Me: YES! (I scream)
D: Get a hoe!
Me: Okay, I'm going to go and get it down. (I scream again.)
L awakens from his nap (perhaps he'd heard the aforementioned screaming) so I explained to him that there is a snake on our entertainment center. Unmoved, he sat down to enjoy the show.
Me: See the tail? (pointing to it way up top)
I took a bathroom break (smart, right?), went to the garage to get the big ladder since I didn't want to be monkeying around on the step stool, not able to see what I was doing, grabbed something a little less dangerous to my entertainment center than the suggested hoe, and climbed up with tools in hand.
He was mine, all mine. Unless he jumped on my face in which case I would've just dropped dead, but I was playing it cool for L.
And, that was a short trip.
Back down to get the camera.
Turns out it was already dead. Because it had NEVER BEEN ALIVE. Ugh!
When I find out who did this I'll assume it was on purpose and he/they will pay.
Bowers Boys = 1, Momma = 0 (Just temporarily, of course.)
The false alarm, red spots up. He'd been upside down earlier.
L rushed over to him as if I were about to chop his head off. (Probably would've been therapeutic.)
Somebody, some boys, will pay for this, so stay tuned. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment