I'm at a standstill on my blog; trying to figure out how I can access more (free) storage space for my pics. When I last tried to post I got a message saying I'd reached my limit of picture storage, but that I still have a few gigs of (free) storage space available.
If you know me, you know I'm severely crippled in the technology dept. B is so busy with work and A LOT of other things that I hate to ask him to work on my blog issue. Don't worry, I will, just not right now. :)
We've been super busy around here lately (You know, like everyone else on the planet.) and are looking forward to the first of the year, when I always think things will slow down, but then they don't. And I'll pretend I didn't just acknowledge that and continue to look forward to a more laid-back month in January.
Thanksgiving Phase I
My fam was here-43 of us!-for Thanksgiving. More than one person asked me why they "stay so long" when I say the celebration starts on Wednesday night and goes through Saturday morning. My answer-we LOVE getting together! True story. :) Not to mention that when my wonderful grandmother hosted-for about 25 years-she was working full-time 45 mins from home and living in a town a fragment of the size of BCS. It was a blast and we all arrived earlier and stayed longer. Not having a ranch on which to 'play' as well as the significant price difference in the Crystal City motel and the BCS hotel rooms here has caused us to cut back a little.
A special treat was having Aunt Sue in town. She's had a rough year, health-wise, but was able to make it thanks to her sons and their families who flew into Beaumont and drove her here. Aunt Sue is one of my fave peeps and I'd love it if my boys were as good to me down the road as hers are to her. (Major points to their sweet wives, too.)
We also had one of my I'm-not-even-going-to-try-to-name-that-relation (Okay, okay, I've gotta try! Second cousin once removed??) cousins and his family here with their 3 kids. This is the first year we've had kids other than ours. J & L were in Heaven playing with their "new cousins" and I think everyone enjoyed watching them all run around, playing together. So glad you came, A & A!
Carol's Right-of-Way bouquets were a hit and she says she didn't cross any fence lines while collecting her greenery in my neighborhood. Since I haven't heard from the HOA, I assume she's telling the truth.
Thanking everyone who did SO much would take so long and I'm sure I'd leave someone out. I love you all and appreciate all you did to make Thanksgiving '12 an absolute blast!
Thanksgiving Phase II
On Saturday morning we headed to Georgetown for Thanksgiving with B's fam. It was so nice to have everyone together-more cousin time all the way around. J & L were s p o i l e d. They got to play w/ K, R, & B for a few hours and then Ellie and Aunt Molly built things with them (Lego-like) late into the evening.
The food was FANTASTIC, as always. Thank goodness I found my appetite just before lunch.
The coolest thing is that several of B's relatives (cousins and uncle) are musicians so we got to sit and listen to Ellie, Rex, Jess, and Blake sing and play guitars, bass (I'll be honest. When I was editing this post I noticed-thank goodness-that I'd spelled bass like this: base. And now I'm hoping I actually did get it right the second time.), and fiddle and I LOVED it.
Almost as cool as the concert-antiquing with Cori. :) If everyone's in-laws were as wonderful to them as mine are to me, all in the world would be right.
I am sooooo blessed to have such a great other fam. LOVE y'all and had a wonderful time. :)
Back to Busy
We (B) got all of the Christmas decor out the Sunday after Thanksgiving and we (B) put up the tree. The boys volunteered to decorate it and I wish I could post a pic. It's a 9+ foot tree and is fully decorated up to a height of 32 inches. I may just go with it; Christmas 2012: Original Tree Decor by J & L; ages 4 & 3. Cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment