@ Brenner's w/ My Man :)
I need to get this off my chest first and foremost. Was anyone else as dead sure as I that skinny jeans would NEVER catch on since only about .00007% of the population of women could actually look decent in them???
Back in the '90s I was just as certain that those clunky black leather heeled sandals would never catch on. That's why I waited 9 months before purchasing mine and joining the craze. It was a craze in E TX since 1 in 3 high school age girls in Whitehouse had a pair. In a stroke of luck (or because I did most of my shoe shopping there), I purchased my pair at Payless. This was was fortunate since the craze only lasted 1 year from beginning to end.
Well, those miracle workers of the fashion world have worked their magic so that practically anyone can wear skinny jeans now-including toddler boys. Yikes!
What I will say is that I have found a couple of good pairs which I like and they are SO COMFY. A pleasant surprise as I usually associate cute/trendy with being uncomfortable. I cannot believe I own skinny jeans and am sure I'll shudder at the thought-and the pictures I have to prove it-down the road. Oh, well, it'll give me something to look back on in horror...with every other woman sizes 2-22 who took part in this 'craze'.
Hint: If you buy your skinny jeans one size bigger than you actually need, people will think, 'She's so skinny even her skinny jeans are loose.' Oh, or they may think, 'She has absolutely NO rear end,'-Apparently this is an insult to some people. To clarify, not to me. Let's take a moment to consider the alternative.
Moving on!
Kaydie kept the boys last weekend so B and I could have a mini-vaycay in Houston. How B talked her into keeping the boys on daylight savings weekend in the fall is beyond me. That's love right there. :)
We dropped the boys at Kaydie's Saturday morning, then B dropped me off at the Galleria to shop. (I prefer to multitask during Aggie games. This day that meant I shopped while B texted me updates instead of me having to sweat it out play-by-play for 4 hours. Two-percenter, I know.) He parked it at a sports bar and watched the Ags BTHO Mississippi State-Whoop!
Those sweet boys are precious, but B & I love our little get-aways. (The big ones, too, of course. :)
Thanks for planning such a fun weekend, Hots. You're the best! :) Kaydie, you are, too!
No comments:
Post a Comment