You're Telling Me
Last Wednesday night on the way home from church we were having an in-depth discussion about Santa. The boys asked a million questions. As the conversation was drawing to an end, he had one last question.
J: Does Santa bring gifts to adults?
B: No, just to kids.
J: That's not right.
Just Like Brother
Another night that week J was having a particularly hard time making good decisions at school and at home. We got home that evening and told J we needed to talk with him about the choices he'd made that day. L was set up with a snack so we could have a private discussion w/ J.
As B took J to our room, L's lip began to quiver and he said, "But I made bad consequences, too-oo."
Processing
J & L learned a new memory verse last week-their first new one in several weeks-and J was so excited about reciting it right when I picked him up.
They both recited it several times throughout the afternoon. Later that evening we were playing outside and J ran up to me wanting to say it again. His legs weren't the only things running.
Me: Ooh, let me get your nose!
As soon as I finished with the Kleenex he turned to walk away.
Me: I know you know it. Will you please say it?
J: (waves his hand toward me as he's turning away, walks around to the front of the house) I jus need to process it for a minute.
He quickly returned and recited it perfectly. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment