...We Yalp in our New Playroom.
Long, long story cut very very short, I enlisted my friend, Atosha, to help me decorate my house right here at the 3 year mark (of living here). She cheerfully agreed and spent one of her kid-free Saturdays (That's how wonderful she is!) with me at Hobby Lobby and my house from 10:00am to 8:30pm-10 and 1/2 hours!Back in the spring we went to their house for the first time and, no exaggeration, it looks like something right out of Country Living.
Though my style is a little different, I thought A could work her magic over here. Sure enough, she took nothing and turned it into FABULOUS. Well, any changes to this blank canvas would have made a difference, but she took what we had (lots of family pieces) and just threw it all into place. We have a few more things to do, but the whole house should be done by Thanksgiving.
The project pictured was one of the things A & I had discussed which I was to put together when the metal letters went 50% off at Hobby Lobby.
I was so excited about this solo project I barely made it to (the boys') nap time before getting started. But I did and I carefully measured EVERYTHING; constantly flipping the pediment and lining up the letters using a level.
B got several texts throughout the day with a play-by-play of my project, as well as a call announcing the completion of the sign. I was so excited!
When he got home I rushed him into the playroom to show him my work, telling him he could hang it while I was gone to Bunco. I lifted it off the ground, turned it around, and...well, you saw it.
He hung it while I was gone, "to see if you like the placement on the wall."
No comments:
Post a Comment