Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Small Talk

J:  Momma, why do angels have wings?
Me:  I'm really not sure.  God just made them that way.  Pretty cool, isn't it?
J:  Well, I'm gonna pray to God for a minute and jus ask him.  (folds his little hands together and bows his head)  Dear God, why do angels have wings?  (waits for a few seconds)  He said so they can get away from wild animals and fangs (things).


Presenting me with a nicely colored picture:
J:  Momma, are you so impressed wif my picture?  Are you so proud of me for stayin' in the wines?  


J:  Momma, do you know what happens if a cowboy shoots a snake?
Me:  No.  What happens?
J:  It will just be a dead snake.  (laughs out loud at his joke)


On the way home from our fab Hill Country vacation w/ B's fam (pics to come):
L:  I see a kangawoo!
Me:  Really?  A kangaroo in the Hill Country?  Was it hopping?
L:  No.  He was walkin'.
J:  No, Wuke, kangaroos hop!  They don't walk.
L:  Well, well, well, it was walkin'.

1 comment:

MOM SPENCE said...

I laughed out loud at the well, well, well...... I am sooooo terrible!