Today the boys and I headed to the library to check out books for the first time. J has been asking every day for the past week when we were going to the library.
And, they're off!
J was so excited about all the books; a little overwhelmed at where to start. He went from shelf to shelf looking through the books.L was much more interested in the stairs, the view, and not using his inside voice, which reminded me why I hadn't tried to do the whole library thing in the past. (They were actually very good and did their best to walk and speak softly.)
I redirected L and he chose Three Sisters and an Elm Tree. It was time to seek professional help.
The librarian was so helpful and J and I were able to choose a couple of books at her recommendation. L was still enjoying the experience (which had nothing to do with books), so we chose one for him, too.
She also got us signed up for the summer reading program and gave J & L each a little kit to make a monster bookmark at home.
"Hold your books up where I can see them!"
Trying our our new monster bookmarks. :)
2 comments:
Awww, how exciting! I think libraries have been neglected with all of the e-madness lately (not necessarily knocking it -- I do love my Kindle). Libraries are wonderful for all ages but ESPECIALLY for kids! With the programs that they have and the knowledgeable staff, libraries are the perfect avenue to get kids hooked on reading early in life. So awesome that they had a great first visit!
I think my fave pic is where you tell the boyz "hold your books up where I can see them!".....and Luke puts his on top of his head!
Post a Comment