Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Deep Discussions: The "Debil" & Hell

Monday night on the way to B's softball game (which they won-go Hots!) J dove into an in-depth conversation about the "debil" and hell.  Since I had to return a DVD to Redbox and since I missed my exit for the post office, this conversation lasted a grueling 29 minutes (minus the 6 seconds it took me to drop the DVD, of course).

Now this is a topic about which it is important to pass along correct information.  Since I was caught completely off guard, I found myself stumbling over some of the answers to his questions.  Here are a few of the ones he asked:

-Where is the debil?
-Why can't we see him?
-So he lives right under us in the ground?  (Had to re-explain/fix that one.)
-What does he look like?
-Why can't we see him?
-Are the other angels gonna change into the debil?
-Why does he not love God?
-Why does he try to make people do bad things?
-But why can't we see him?
-Do bad guys love the debil?
-So God protects us from the debil?
-But why does the debil want us to do bad things?
-But why can't we see him?

I so wish I had the entire conversation recorded so I could more easily remember my responses (and to know what information I should 'fix'!).  Anyway, I prayed through it, so surely the answers I gave were not damaging to the little guy as he's developing his faith.

Man, was I relieved to finally arrive at the ballpark.  Even though it was 99 degrees.  :)

No comments: