I'm loving this cool weather and use it as an excuse to cook and bake all sorts of dishes.
Today just felt like a cinnamon roll day. The boys and I LOVE homemade cinnamon rolls. Last year I used Ree's recipe (the best ever, but involves several steps including rising, punching down, rising again, etc.-not a quick morning breakfast) for Christmas morning.
I'm probably the last to figure this out, but you can use Jiffy, Pioneer, or Bisquick baking mix to make cinnamon rolls; super easy and super fast. Just in case you don't know, here's what it entails.
Make the biscuit recipe (baking mix + milk), roll it out into a rectangle, spread softened butter on it, sprinkle generously with cinnamon and sugar, roll up, slice into 1" rounds and place into buttered glass pie plate. Make your icing while they bake and you're done!
The boys helped by putting each roll into the dish. They love to help. :)
Fresh out of the oven
We like a lot of icing, okay?!
1 comment:
Yum Yum! I'm going to HAVE to try these! Thanks for sharing!
Post a Comment