Friday, October 14, 2011

Fat Chance

Last weekend we took the dogs to the vet for their annual appointment...and were told that Chance was a little on the hefty side-113lbs on the hefty side, to be exact. She knew, she said, for two reasons: he was up from last year's appt. and she could "barely feel his ribs."


How did this happen??? For the last few months I'd thought Chance looked thin and began feeding him more. Obviously I hadn't been looking very closely.

Instead of going on and on about how I 'have no idea how this could've happened,' I sucked it up and confessed to having fed him more and promised to cut back. Then I threw in this tidbit (of truth), "We NEVER feed him scraps, all he gets is Purina dog chow," for good measure, as most of the cases I saw back in the day at Judd Vet Clinic (where I worked shortly after we married) were a direct result of a diet consisting of human food.


Dr. B was nice and I could only barely read, 'I'll believe it when I see it next year,' on her face.

All in all, it was a fun time for the whole fam to accompany C & T to their appointment and we expect the weight to fall off quickly in the next few weeks. :)

No comments: