J has taken to being extremely loud in the car almost every time we're on the road. We've had the 'We don't yell or scream in the car...' discussion many, many times, so he's not yelling, just talking or singing very loudly. (Yes, I'm treasuring these sweet moments, but still!)
If you've talked on the phone to me in the last 4 weeks, you know what I'm talking about.
Anyway, I was chatting with my mom yesterday and J was just talking and singing in the background. Then he started spitting-not the hacking kind of spitting-the kind where you blow and spittle flies out of your mouth.
Of course L didn't want to be left out. I had to excuse myself from my conversation several times to try to deal with the problem, but L doesn't understand yet (since I can't exactly deal with it properly while driving) and J doesn't understand why L can get away with it when if he hadn't started it in the first place, I wouldn't be recounting it right now. Ugh.
The last straw was when J started up again and some spittle hit THE SIDE OF MY FACE and my arm, ALL THE WAY FROM THE BACK SEAT.
I tell Mom I'll have to call her back.
Me: J, I asked you not to spit in the car and now you've spit on me, which I do not like. We do not spit in the car or inside. You may spit outside, but we do not spit inside.
J takes a minute to contemplate the situation.
J: Well, can I just drool?
Me: Sure, whatever.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
That is too cute for words. I think I just want to join Jack today and drool. Glad it is okay!
hahaha....i love the compromise. i feel your pain, barb. ;)
Post a Comment