Our MDO has a summer camp during the month of June. This was L's first time to go to 'school' and my first time, other than the couple of weeks of Mondays I had without J b/4 I went on bed rest w/ L, to have no kids for a few hours. I hardly knew what to do with myself! And then I pulled myself together and SHOPPED. ALONE. It was glorious! I missed them, of course, and had about 6 panic attacks throughout the day that I'd left my kids in the car. Just felt weird to be without them. :)
Our 'experienced' student, looking way too big. :)


The best pics I could get of L. :) Thanks, Aunt Kathey, for my new backpack!
About the lunchbox...The night before school, B asked what L's lunchbox looked like. I told him that, like J, L would take his lunch in a small gift bag until I found one on sale somewhere like I did for J, who, by the way, carried his gift bag lunchbox for a year-and-a-half. This was a no-go for B and he dug around in our pantry and found his Mr. T lunchbox, circa 1985. Sweet! Of course, it probably contains lead and definitely BPA. No extra fingers yet!

After L's first day of school, J excitedly asked me, "Did Luke have a good day at school?" When we picked L up, they each wanted to wear their backpacks and carry their lunchboxes-and then they held hands all the way to the car. :) It was too cute and I'd left my phone in the car, dang it! After a fleeting thought of running ahead to my car to get that pic, I decided it best to stay with the kids in the parking lot and to skip the photo. Would've been a cute one!
No comments:
Post a Comment