When I got home, B and I set out to the garden to survey the damage.
Here are the veggies we collected (some from the plants and some from the ground). We put the boys to bed and went to survey the damage. There were hundreds of cherry tomatoes on the ground and almost all of my tomato plants were horizontal.

The hail put holes right through this bell pepper.

The Big Picture
As we were resetting the downed tomato plants last night, the beam of B's flashlight caught Lyndon's mature corn, half of which had been laid over by the hail.
This morning I poured 2 and 1/2 inches out of my rain gauge, some of which we received on Monday, and am so thankful. After all, I've been praying for rain. Maybe I'll include a 'please don't send hail' attached to that request next time. :)
The Farm Patch just may get some of my business after all!
1 comment:
Wow, that is unbelievable. But your produce looks very good (minus the hail damage). Guess it is time to make brushetta again. Wish I eat some.
Love you,
Post a Comment