Friday, January 28, 2011

There's an Army Man Under my Couch

Here are the reasons I LOVED my life as a boymom this week. :)

-There's an army man peeking out from under my couch. I think he's a sniper. He's aiming his weapon at me.

-Playing with guns. We did this a lot this week. We also had races, drove tractors, ran around outside with sticks, and played in the ashes in the burn pile. It's my obligation as a boymom to do all this because that's what my boys need me to do. Oh, the sacrifices!

-J's imagination has really taken off as of late, which is fun. Recently, he began telling us of his hunting adventures in the lot across the street. He took his gun, of course, and shot...an elephant.

-L is always up for being tickled and has the best belly laugh. I love when he turns to crawl away from being tickled and then collapses with laughter. :)

-Watching them play together, J saying, "Come on, Lu-kiss," and L excitedly following on all fours. This can go on for hours. Awwwwww. :)

-Love, love, love having a sweet baby boy in addition to my 2-yr-old. Like D says, "It's good I already had my second before my first turned 2, or there might not be a second." J really is a sweet boy and he's super sweet to L. The terrible two's are just...interesting.

-J is doing so well with potty training; #1, anyway.

-At Target L was in the front of the basket with J standing behind him. "J, please do not spit in L's hair." As J lifted his mouth/nose from L's head, leaving a spit/nasal mucous sculpted tuft of hair sticking straight up, I looked up to see a lady from my workout class standing right in front of us, having witnessed the whole thing. What do ya do? Well, you laugh while you blog about it later.


Here are the reasons I did not love being a boymom this week.

-Found L playing in my friend's guest bathroom potty. He'd been dunking toilet paper in and out of the bowl and potty water was everywhere. Um, gross.

-This week was a runny nose week. All day. Every single day. Here's hoping they'll have dried up by Monday.

-The #2 issue with potty training. Again, gross. I see lots of all-around potty issues in my future.

-J developed a strong dislike for bath time, starting on Monday night. A real bummer since he'll need one pretty much every single night for the rest of his life. So we have J in a hard cry while L laughs and splashes. Noisy. Maybe he'll get over it by next week.

-Pretty sure I had to pull out my vacuum every single day this week. And I am not, I repeat, not, a clean freak. It was just that bad.



And I'll leave you with this.

And this.

4 comments:

Leigh T said...

Hooray for boy moms!! Love it!!! The beauty of it is that poop in the pants, tantrums in the tub, adventures with toilet paper, and snot in the hair are NOT chronic disorders. So, we'll hang in there for now and hug each other later when me miss our snotty nosed smell-like-potty fit-throwning boys. Give J the option of bath with mommy or shower with Daddy. Our Ben loves the option and gets clean both ways.

Barb said...

Ha ha! Thanks, Leigh! I'm definitely having the time of my life-laughing all the way. :)

MOM SPENCE said...

love it!

Valerie said...

This was such a cute post. I love how you love mommyhood.